The change to Protective Life’s NLG lineup announced late last week may ultimately prove to be a case of “addition by subtraction”. Their NLG product story is now much tighter based on the combination of their two current NLG offerings into a single product that incorporates the strengths of both. This refreshed Advantage Choice becomes Protective Life’s lead NLG contact on a forward looking basis, and everything you need to know about the transition can be found below.
Protective Life Simplifies NLG Offering with Advantage Choice Refresh
In an effort to further simplify their universal life product suite, the Lifetime option provided by the Protective Custom Choice UL product will be discontinued and the enhanced Protective Advantage Choice UL will become their flagship guaranteed universal life product for lifetime core protection.
Both the enhanced Protective Advantage Choice UL and the elimination of the Protective Custom Choice UL Lifetime option will occur on February 15, 2016. Please keep in mind this change has no impact on the current Protective Custom Choice UL 10 – 30 year options.
The new Protective Advantage Choice UL will feature significant improvements in the following key sales scenarios:
- Standard non-tobacco risk classes from ages 55 – 75
- Single pay scenarios
- 1035 exchanges with ongoing premiums
Pricing hits the quote engines on February 15th and while a more thorough analysis of the change remains to be conducted, but an early look shows the potential of the new pricing:
Advantage Choice Refresh vs. Current Advantage Choice and Custom Choice UL Pricing
Protective Advantage Choice UL:
Paper Applications, TeleLife Applications and Direct Writers:
- The current version of the product (Protective Advantage Choice UL 6/2013) will be replaced with Protective Advantage Choice UL 2/2016
- The new 2/2016 rates will be available on February 15, 2016 for quoting and electronic application submission in all states where Protective Advantage Choice UL is currently approved
- We can begin processing applications and issuing policies with new rates on February 15, 2016
- Applications received on or before March 16, 2016 will be processed according to the accompanying illustration.
- Applications received after March 16, 2016 will be processed with the new 2/2016 rates
Protective Custom Choice UL (CCUL-Lifetime):
- We will accept applications for the CCUL-Lifetime option signed and received on or before February 12, 2016
- For any CCUL-Lifetime applications received after February 12, 2016, we will require the applicant to apply for a different product. An illustration may be required depending on the product selected
- All CCUL-Lifetime policies must be placed and in force by March 31, 2016
Applications submitted via TeleLife and Direct Writers:
- Any CCUL-Lifetime cases must be sold and/or ticket dropped on or before February 12, 2016
- Related applications must be signed and received by March 11, 2016
- For any CCUL-Lifetime applications received after March 11, 2016, we will require the applicant to apply for a different product. An illustration may be required depending on the product selected
- All CCUL-Lifetime policies must be placed and in force by April 15, 2016
Please see the formal announcement from Protective Life for Additional Details