In this Case Success Story from John Hancock, the win is based on a little “insider knowledge”: John Hancock uses a proprietary underwriting manual that allows them to deliver consistently great offers on certain impairments, such as diabetes. Read on to find out how they won this case and scored $155K in Target Premium.
AT A GLANCE:
Underwriting: Type I Diabetes
- A 51-year-old female was seeking $9MM of estate planning coverage.
- During the trial stage of medical underwriting she had received offers in the Table 6 range based on her history of Type 1 diabetes, diagnosed at age 16.
- John Hancock’s Proprietary Underwriting Guidelines
- Upon review of the file, the case was sent to John Hancock as they look more favorably on Type 1 diabetics than most of the industry based on their proprietary underwriting guidelines.
- Upon review John Hancock was able to offer Table 2 rates due to the following:
- Excellent diabetic control through-out the years with A1c’s in the low 6’s
- Favorable cardiac profile to include:
- Prophylactic cardiac testing which included a negative calcium study
- Favorable lipids
- Normal Blood Pressure history
- No other adverse medical history
- John Hancock’s Table 2 offer resulted in $155,291 of placed Target Premium