Lincoln Financial has had an External Conversion Program available using the Treasury Index UL for some time now, but through the end of the year Lincoln has expanded the program to include all permanent products. This program has a second significant advantage: Lincoln will accept conversions up to $2.5MM from eligible carriers! Read on for the rest of the eligibility requirements and a list of eligible carriers.
Lincoln Special Exchange Program
If your clients want more than what their term policies offer, now’s a great time to step up to Lincoln. For a limited time only, they can exchange their qualifying external term policies from a wide variety of carriers — including those with a current A+ rating with A.M. Best — to a Lincoln universal life, indexed universal life, or variable universal life insurance policy.
- Maximum issue age: 60
- Maximum face amount: Up to $2.5MM
- Timeframe: Current policy is within 36 months of term issue date
- Rate Classes:
- All standard and preferred classes are eligible.
- Tobacco and Nontobacco (excluding flat extras)
- No exam and no labs (blood or urine test) if client meets criteria
- Lincoln application requirements:
- Part 1 and Nonmed Part 2 completion,
- HIPPA Form
- Term surrender requirements:
- Original issued term policy,
- Completion of absolute assignment form
- Insured requirements:
- A nonratable motor vehicle report
- A prescription search
- No interim medical history concerns since original term policy issue