A good underwriter interprets the facts of the case with the goal of arriving at the right offer. A great underwriter takes it to another level by recommending a course of action to follow if they can’t get there based on the information currently in the file. Read on to find out about some great underwriting from Lincoln on this case!
AT A GLANCE:
Underwriting: Financial Underwriting – Property Values
- A 73-year-old Female looking for $5MM of guaranteed coverage at Table 4 rates resulting from her history of stage 0 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
- The $5MM of coverage would give her a total line of $32MM
- The underwriting issue in this case was financial rather than medical: The client’s net worth was almost exclusively connected to a large office building, and there was no appraisal to document the value of the building.
- Lincoln Financial Underwriting Director
- Website: PropertyShark.com
- With the case at a standstill because of financials, the Advisor reached out to Lincoln for assistance.
- Lincoln pointed them to propertyshark.com, a public database that provides a treasure trove of information regarding both commercial and residential real estate.
- With that suggestion in hand, the Advisor was able to locate the property and get the following details to value the property at roughly $40MM:
- Square Footage
- Confirmation of Ownership
- Property Tax Bill
- Assessment History
- Comps in the area
- The use of the propertyshark.com data combined with other sources allowed Lincoln to place $219,050 of Target Premium.