North American is getting a lot of attention lately because of its competitive position in the industry. More and more Advisors consider North American to be their “go to” product of choice. Take a look at some of their competitive advantages:
Top Competitive Advantages Of North American Company
• Privately Held: You have our commitment to focus on our customers, distributors, and shareholders without concerning ourselves with a short-term view.
• Long-Term Focus: We practice disciplined financial stewardship and are well diversified with a conservative investment strategy.
• Fastest-Growing Life Carrier: North American has experienced tremendous growth, averaging over 16%1 growth in first year sales over the last seven years.
• Strong Financial Ratings: Our ratings include “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best and “A+” (Strong) by Standard & Poor’s.2
Of North American’s Life Products
Guaranteed Universal Life: Custom Guarantee UL
1. Guaranteed Exchange Privilege With this privilege, the policyholders can exchange their Custom Guarantee policy to one of North American’s universal life insurance products that focuses on cash value accumulation, (products must be available at the time of exchange). The exchange is made without underwriting, so they’ll have flexibility even if their health changes.
2. Guaranteed Death Benefit to age 120 Plus, there are no premium payments after age 100, guaranteed.3
3. Available for Term Conversions
4. Guaranteed Insurability Rider This rider provides the primary insured with the option to increase the death benefit coverage by a specified amount up to ten times without evidence of insurability on preset election dates. Issue ages: 15 days to 40 years old. Minimum Issue Amount: $1,000. Maximum Issue Amount: the lesser of the base policy’s Total Benefit Amount on the date the owner purchases the rider and $50,000.
5. Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsement4 North American Company automatically includes the
accelerated death benefit feature at policy issue for no additional premium5 on all applicable policies. The Accelerated Death Benefit Endorsements may cover critical6, chronic7 and terminal illness. Please note that benefits may vary by product and state.
Indexed Universal Life: Builder IUL®, Guarantee Builder IUL® and Rapid Builder IUL®
1. The Index Credit Interest is calculated using the beginning value of the Index Segment. Monthly deductions for policy charges and expenses during the Index Period will not reduce the Index Segment value on which the Index Credit is based.
2. Interest Bonus on Index Account Contractually guaranteed interest bonus is 0.75% in years 11+ (Contractually guaranteed interest bonus for Rapid Builder IUL is 0.50% in years 16+). The interest bonus is applied after the participation rate, cap, and floor.
3. Minimum Account Value (3% True-up) A Minimum Account Value will be calculated using a 3.0% annual interest rate guarantee and current policy charges and expenses, assuming that all premiums are allocated to the Fixed Account.
a. Every eight years, starting on the eighth policy anniversary, the policy account value will be increased to equal the Minimum Account Value (if higher). If the policy account value already exceeds the Minimum Account Value at the time of the comparison, neither one will be adjusted. The additional value, if any, will be allocated to the Fixed Account.
b. If the insured dies, the policy is surrendered, the policy is in danger of lapsing due to insufficient premium or the policy reaches its maturity date, the policy Account Value will be at least as large as the Minimum Account Value.
4. Protected Death Benefit8 The guarantee provided allows the clients to choose their minimum death
benefit amount, while they continue to access their accumulated policy values through loans or withdrawals. The maximum benefit is determined by the net cash surrender value at the time of election.
5. Waiver of Surrender Charge Option Available on Rapid Builder IUL, the election of this option can help clients avoid costly surrender charges should the need to surrender the policy arise.
a. Option must be selected at the time of application.
b. Rapid Builder IUL Premium load is 0%
c. Available for an additional charge of $.03-.08 per $1,000 of Specified Amount per month for 14 years from issue and from each increase, depending on issue age and underwriting class.
d. Target premiums under this option are equal to approximately 62% of the Rapid Builder IUL base plan target premium.
e. Table shaving feature is available for policies that include the Waiver of Surrender Charge Option. Qualifying rated cases include policies up to $5 million for ages 0-75 and policies up to
$1 million for ages 76-80.
6. Variable Interest Rate Loans: In no case will the variable loan interest rate exceed the maximum variable loan interest rate shown in the schedule of policy benefits. The maximum variable loan interest rate is defined as the lesser of:
a. 6%; or
b. The greater of the Moody’s Corporate Bond Yield, as published by Moody’s Investors Services, Inc., or 4.0%
Level Term: ADDvantage Term 10, 15, 20, 30
1. Conversion Privilege Conversion is allowed during the level premium period of the policy, or through age 74 (69 for ADDvantage 30), whichever is earlier. The conversion period is never less than five years, regardless of issue age. With ADDvantage term, clients may convert their policy to any one of North American’s currently available permanent life insurance products without any physical exam.